Saturday, August 22, 2009

Rugby Game!


Mendy got a great shot of some Wallabie fans lifting me up during tailgating! I don't think they broke their backs...but who knows! We had a great time tailgating outside of the ANZ Olympic Stadium. Although we paid a small fortune, our tickets were on the 50 yard line in the nosebleed section. The stadium was awesome - I've never been in an Olympic stadium before. It was fun to learn about how rugby is played from the people sitting near us! The final score was Wallabies 18, All Blacks 19. The Wallabies (AUS) vs. All Blacks (NZ) team was the 2nd of 3 games. The All Blacks were already up a game, so last night they captured the Bledisloe Cup. The Aussies looked good though. I really enjoyed the game...the guys are way tougher than American Football guys. I must find a rugby player to hang out with while I'm in Australia! ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment