Thursday, November 26, 2009

Happy Thanksgiving!


Happy Thanksgiving! It felt a bit strange today to be eating Japanese food in China. No tryptophan-induced naps for me this year! Anna-Lina, Chloe, Ashley and I went to an $8 all you can eat/drink sushi restaurant. We ate more sashimi than I thought would be possible for four girls to consume! It was fantastic!

More good news: I found out that I passed two sections of my mid-terms, speaking and grammar/writing. I find out my listening score tomorrow, but feel pretty confident that I passed that too! Thank goodness for cramming and short-term memories!

Don't have much to write about in the way of adventures in China due to the fact that I was a 'hao xuesheng' (good student) last week! So, I'll spend a few minutes listing what I'm thankful for on this week's blog!

I'm thankful for my family for their constant love and encouragement. I'm thankful for my friends for the laughter we've shared, the memories we've made and for putting up with me! I'm thankful for the opportunities I have had over the last year - to dive with sharks in South Africa, to see lions hunt gazelles in the Serengeti, to snorkel the Great Barrier Reef and to watch the sunrise on the Great Wall. Words cannot express how much this trip has meant to me, and I'm thankful to all of you for believing in me. Keeping in touch with you has helped me still feel connected to the things I love and miss the most from home. (I also miss my mattress, Mexican food, western toilets, June's chocolate cake and Sunday night dinners but telling them just wouldn't be the same!) Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

  1. Dear Jamie , Happy turkey day .We miss you and love you and everyone says hello from the robinson clan everyone is here at junes today and 2 extra hope you have a good day and a wonderful holiday season we are going to brians and beths for christmas this year and then we will stop in north florida and see my child hood best friend and her family on the way back well love take care congrats on the good grades. keep in touch love todd and charlene

    ReplyDelete
  2. Happy Thanksgiving Jaime! It was a great time seeing everyone in Sebring and eating a ton of delicious food. I am at school right now, on a Saturday 30 minutes before the UF/FSU game. What a nerd!! I cannot wait to be done with school. There is no way in hell I am getting my PhD. I do not se how people can be in school this long. Its madness. I hope you are doing well I miss you. I love you!!!

    ReplyDelete