Tuesday, June 23, 2009

A Test Run

Many thanks to Mom, Gerad and my friends Sejal, Brock and Jon for their help in loading all of my stuff last week. We left NC for Florida on Saturday for a 10+ hour drive. Since then, I've been unpacking, getting ready for the trip and relaxing by the beach and pool! I could get used to life without a job!

I did a test run of the sleeping mat and bag last Friday night since my bed was packed away in the Uhaul. Not a good thing...I am very nervous about spending 42 nights on a mat that is as hard as ceramic tile and a sleeping bag that is made out of slippery material! And...no body pillow! I have already packed Advil PM just in case...

4 comments:

  1. I predict your sleeping bag/mat will feel just fine after hiking through the jungle!!

    Take care and I wish you safe and exciting travels.

    Love you lots -- Lenna

    PS -- Love the blog -- can't wait to read all that is to come

    ReplyDelete
  2. I bet you'll find a few challenges more "concerning" that the mat issue....hugs from DC!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm hoping you've arrived safely, dove with the sharks safely, and have seen a few beautiful butterflies

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hope you haven't seen the episode on the Discovery channel of the "soafu" which are the army ants that can peel the flesh off of you in less than an hour. But don't worry, I'm sure they won't be where you're going....
    - James A.

    ReplyDelete