Thursday, October 28, 2010

The End of the Beginning...

...I board a plane in 2.5 hours bound for the USA. It is bitter sweet to see the end of this magnificent journey come to an end. I had hoped to write something very sentimental, very poetic to summarize what this trip has meant to me, but I find that it is hard to put into words. Let me just say that I regret not a single second of walking away from my previous life and setting out to the unknown. I am returning a changed person. I am excited about what the future holds and of course to see friends and family again. I also am excited to use a hair dryer (have not since February) and not using a bag which I carry on my back to hold everything that I possess.

Next, I'll be posting pictures from Ecuador. As for the blog, I have really enjoyed writing it, so I am considering continuing it and challenging myself to approach "everyday life" like I have been this trip...seizing each moment, going with the flow and finding opportunities to make an ass of myself and laugh a bit along the way. Thanks to all of you who have continued reading it...your support has meant the world to me. With that, I will finish my last swig of chocolate caliente, throw my bag on my back one last time and board yet another airplane this time destined for Titusville, Florida. Zai jian! Ciao! Namaste! Love, Jamie

1 comment:

  1. Hey kiddo! Welcome back to the homeland! Once you get back up on your feet here give me a holla. janthos@bbandt.com

    James

    ReplyDelete