Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Accident



So I'll be brief on this one because two blogs ago I promised it to be my last written in Bali. Gundula returned from her visa run to Singapore, and we celebrated her return this afternoon by going to our favorite restaurant located in a rice field, Sari Organik.

The path to the restaurant is very narrow, very uneven and on either side a little bit of grass, a canal (at times less than 1' wide) and then rice fields. Gundula was leading and she stopped because ladies were carrying massive bags of rice on their heads on the path ahead of us. I slowed my motorbike to a stop and put my left foot down. The next thing I knew, the entire left side of my body was lying in a rice field and the motorbike was on top of me! Turns out there was no grass, only canal, where I decided to stop! I think Gundula was in shock thinking I was hurt until she heard me laughing. The scene looked way more dramatic than it actually was. I was filthy...wet and muddy. It took 3 of us to get it up. The bike wouldn't start for about 30 minutes. I had to call the guy I rented it from to come rescue me. The horn is still a little sporadic and the blinkers are on hyperflash. Other than that, bike and I are okay. Good times.

No comments:

Post a Comment